Ultra Premium Mountain Grass Hay
What is Ultra Premium Mountain Grass?
Mountain Grass is grown at a higher elevation and is comprised of a variety of wild grasses that grow in a mountain meadow. The fields are harvested in the spring and early summer.
Our Mountain Grass is a healthy blend of grasses that wild rabbits would naturally feed on and it has the fiber required for keeping up their dental and digestive health. No herbicides or pesticides are used on it, so it’s truly an all-natural product. Mountain Grass contains a variety of textures and colors, which your small pet will enjoy. Typically it has leaves that are fine and coarse in texture with almost no stems.
if you’re not sure yet which type of hay you want, please check out our coverage of everything Rabbit Hole Hay here.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed on all Rabbit Hole Hay
- Fresh Hay - Rabbit Hole Hay hand-packs every box so you get fresh, green & fragrant hay with little to no dust.
- High Fiber & Low Protein - Promotes healthy weight & digestion
- Coarse Roughage - Perfect amount of “roughage” to promote dental health.
- Perfect for Small Pets - Keep your rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas happy & healthy.
- Rabbit Hole Hay visits their farms as part of their quality control, ensuring that the hay they provide for your beloved pets is the highest quality available.
- Each harvest of hay is tested to make sure it falls within Rabbit Hole Hay's guaranteed nutrient levels listed on our packaging. We take the health of your pet very seriously.
- We store our hay indoors to keep it fresh and protect it from sunlight and water. Sunlight not only changes the color but it also robs the hay of nutrients. Water can cause the hay to develop fungus, mold and bacteria, which can be very dangerous to not only your pet but you as well.
Why Hay is Essential to a Rabbit's Diet
Grass hay is an important staple in the diet of rabbits, guinea pigs and chinchillas. For rabbits 7 months and older and guinea pigs 6 months and older, grass hay should make up 80% of their diet. For chinchillas older than a year, grass hay should make up 75% of their diet. The constant foraging and grazing encouraged by hay helps to keep them physically active and mentally stimulated. It also helps to wear down their teeth while the long strand fiber helps to keep their digestion regular and functioning properly.
Stop Wasting Time & Money on Bad Hay
Tired of wasting time picking through bad hay just to find the bits your rabbit, guinea pig, or chinchilla will actually eat? We visually inspect and hand-pack every package of hay to ensure that you get fresh, green, fragrant hay of the highest quality. Your hay is always hand-processed, never machine-cut, creating nice long strands and less small pieces. You’ll no longer have to worry about your small pet suffering from irritated eyes or sneezing from excessive dust. We preserve freshness by bagging all of our hay inside the box. This helps keep it from drying out or absorbing unwanted odors.
Rabbit Hole Hay is grown in Northern California, in the heart of hay country. All hay is sourced from local growers in the surrounding regions of the Northwest United States. Rabbit Hole Hay supports a community of small pet owners who care deeply about providing happy and healthy lifestyles for their pets.